Tuesday, May 20, 2014

15 Things I've Learned So Far At My Internship!

The Things I've Learned So Far At My Internship! 


For the last two weeks I've been super busy at my internship. I am a cook at Agave Mexican Bistro located in Newburyport, MA. As this is required for me to graduate next year, I tried to get an internship in a bakery because well I want to be a baking/ pastry chef. Nobody was hiring in bakeries in my area so I had to settle for a restaurant, I was so afraid to be a cook and disappointed I couldn't be in a bakery I thought I was going to hate it. I am in my second week there and I really enjoy it, and have already learned so much. The head Chef told me that he was willing to give me the opportunity because his mother was a baker and he knew how hard it is to get someone to give you a chance. His name is Sean, I asked him if he went to school for this and he said no, He’s grown up with a family that ran restaurants and taught himself how to cook. He told me that you don't have to go to school to be a cook but where I'm going to be a baker that its probably a good thing that I’m going to school for it. He gave me some great advice and told me to try and be a cook in many different places so I can get as much experience as I can, it will help build my skills. Over all everyone has been very nice and willing to teach me, which I am relieved about.


Here is a list of things that I have learned so far!

1. How to fan an avocado. 
2. We go through so much Chihuahua Mexico Cheese.
3. Its amazing how many people order Nachos that are the size of a mountain! 
4. I never thought I would hate shrimp more than I already did, but its possible. 
5. There is nothing special about the chips I was obsessed with, they are just amazing! 
6. Its amazing how much food we can make out of the small kitchen we have. 
7. People spend a lot of money for guacamole. 
8. We use Avocados for almost everything! 
9. I learned how to make taco shells. 
10. You don't realize how much you learned in class until you have to apply it to a real life situation. 
11. When you learn that your knife skills aren't as bad as you thought! 
12. Brazilians sing while they work, all together. 
13. Churros are delicious! 
14. How to make many different tacos, salads, desserts, nachos, guacamole, enchiladas, and more! 
15. NOBODY LIKES TO MAKE THE NACHOS!

Thats just some of the things i've learned so far!




No comments:

Post a Comment